Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Response to My Previous Post

Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves

of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean,

at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without

wondering.”

-Saint Augustine


I understand that responding to yourself is weird, but here it is. What has happened has happened. All I can do is pick up the pieces and keep moving forward. I am strong enough to do this. I am strong enough to be present in what I do. I am strong enough to wonder and then pull myself back to the present, back to the reality which I shape. I create my own world. And the longer I waste energy and thought on things I've done that is energy wasted.


I still love my fish and Susan Powell is my new hero. I need a mantra.


MKH


No comments:

Post a Comment