Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm the King of the Castle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7in-9E3ImQ
This song will always remind me of riding in the car on the way to Ricketts Glen with my cousins. The dark trees whizzing past, but the sun of summer was upon us. I don't remember who was in the back seat with me, but I know my cousin Shawn and his girlfriend, now wife, Carol was up in the front. The windows were rolled down and the air whooshed past us and we wound our way through the mountains. My hair was still wet from swimming that morning. I don't know what it makes me feel other than nostalgic...maybe a little innocent? A time when I was just waiting for "real life" to start and I could dream all I wanted to without the restrictions that reality has put in place. I don't even know....this memory has a taste to it, it tastes like summer and promise and freedom and the love of my family. It tastes of something that is comfortable but still exciting. I think this is one of those rare moments where I really appreciated what was happening as it was happening.

It was a rough day, but now I am living in that memory. And I am smiling. Because spring is coming. The light and soft caress of a summer breeze is on its way. So I have hope.

Goodnight all,
MKH





No comments:

Post a Comment