Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Don't Grow Up Too Fast

These past few years I have grown up. It's been a pretty difficult process and it's funny the conclusions you come to at the end of a long process. I was so eager to grow up for so long. I remember talking to my NSYNC poster on my wall when I was eight and telling it I couldn't wait until I was all grown up and moved out. I remember even through high school craving this independence that I thought came with adulthood. Well, let me tell you, adulthood actually sucks. Bills. Rent. Money. Loans. Credit. Responsibility. Car repair. Scheduling. Organizing. Advocating. blah blah blah blah. Granted there are definitely a few things that are great. There is a sense of independence and a freedom in a sense. But really, I miss having dinner made for me all the time. I miss having the time to go for walks and dream about what my life will be like without any of the hardships of reality. I miss having that firm confidence of knowing where you are going and how it will happen. There is a certain raw ambition to it. So, all I'm saying is don't grow up too fast. Appreciate your family and friends. Suck all the youth you can out of life. Kisses, Mariah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxbJmMMq0A4

No comments:

Post a Comment