Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Bucket List

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver (New and Selected Poems)

1-Stand on the White Cliffs of Dover
2- Make Dave Matthews laugh
3- Go to Africa. Learn from their resilience and spirit.
4- Love completely and deeply
5- Find a vocation that I #4
6- Write a song
7- Write a symphony
8- Go to culinary school
9- Visit a hot spring in Japan
1o- Take my grandmother back to England
11- Learn Russian
12- Write a book
13- Make a movie
14- Go back to Eastern Europe and explore
15- Bike across the US....or just down the east coast
16- Learn to surf.
17- Find the magic in this world.
18- Never let the dreamer inside of myself die.

I have not done any of these things completely yet. But I feel so much appreciation for the fact that they are even possible. I've forgotten what it's like to dream. And now I feel reawakened.

"When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it is over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world."
Mary Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment