Thursday, October 7, 2010

Facebook Creeping

I have a sort of daily regimine for facebook creeping. There are certain people that I check every day- family, dear friends, etc. Other people I avoid altogether either because they annoy me or various other reasons. There is one person that I check up on frequently that I really have no connection to.
Her name is Kaitlin. She graduated from Brockport High School one year before I did. I remember her- we played softball together and once I actually nailed her in the head with a hard throw. And I was the second most powerful arm on the team...that must've jostled some stuff loose. Poor girl...
She has a kid now, a son named Dylan. I see that she's back with the baby's father after they split for a little while. She is back in school. For some weird reason I find myself just wanting her to succeed- to be a good parent and to be able to provide a comfortable life for her and her family. I want to see her happy and fulfilled.
I think in many ways it's sometimes nice to get that kind of "this is what my life could've been if I made different choices" perspective.

I am thankful for my path but also very grateful that she is on hers and doing the best she can. In the end I think that's really all you can do.

I apologize if this post is kind of creepy.

Different strokes for different folks-
MKH

No comments:

Post a Comment