Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am just gonna spit a quick something out before I peace for another shift at the grinds.
Dear strings teachers,
#1- if there's more than one of you please maintain consistency in what you ask for. I am doing what one person tells me only to have the other person come by and correct me, then the original person come back and tells me to go back to what they want. If this is confusing to me as a college student imagine much inconsistency can affect kids.
#2- plan your lesson plans to actually fit the schedule. I understand that you want us to learn good form with these new instruments but at least at this level we have weekly quizzes. When you actually put the bow on the instrument for the first time for maybe ten minutes before the quiz and run through the exercise just four times, that's not very effective.
#3- Be accurate and specific in naming body parts and describing motion. I was told repeatedly to bow and lead with the top of my hand. This leads to too much wrist and a considerable amount of tension in the right arm. Instead, I should be leading with the side of my hand when it is in proper bowing position, the space between the thumb and index finger.

In reality I just feel incredibly overstimulated by learning the violin at 8 3o por la manana. Everything moves. Everything. It's all so external....it's so weeeeeird.
OK, that's all.

I'm grateful for the Titanic Soundtrack. Epic horn guys. Really.

MKHizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment